- No word in the English language rhymes with month.
- Dreamt is the only English word that ends in the letters ‘mt’.
- The word set has more definitions than any other word in the English language.
- Underground is the only word in the English language that begins and ends with the letters ‘und’.
- The longest one-syllable word in the English language is screeched.
- There are only four words in the English language which end in ‘-dous’: tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
- The longest word in the English language, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.
- The only other word with the same amount of letters is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconioses, its plural 🙂
- There is a seven letter word in the English language that contains ten words without rearranging any of its letters, ‘therein’: the, there, he, in, rein, her, here, here, ere, therein, herein.
- No words in the English language rhyme with orange, silver or purple.
- Stewardesses is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.
- The combination ‘ough’ can be pronounced in nine different ways. The following sentence contains them all: “A rough-coated, dough-faced, thoughtful ploughman strode through the streets of Scarborough; after falling into a slough, he coughed and hiccoughed.”
- The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightabl
Ian Chapman – Director of Holiday Experience –
“Lingua Translations provides instant multi-lingual options for TUI’s 24/7 Holidayline, so 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year TUI’s customers are connected to an interpreter instantaneously. This service is designed to help holidaymakers who find themselves in difficulty and require non-English language assistance.
The service offered by Lingua Translations provides us with instant translation for every destination we travel to, and has proved invaluable.”
Proofreading Day – 8th March 2018 Have you ever thought that proofreading was important? Maybe not, when in school, it might’ve been unlikely to write an essay and re-read it for mistakes before handing it in to a teacher. But when it comes to business, we think proofreading is very important. We think it’s great that …
Missing the Olympics? Don’t worry the Paralympics are on their way! The opening ceremony for the Paralympics is on Friday!! If it’s anything like the opening ceremony for last month’s Olympics we have a lot to look forward to! The games last from Friday 9th– Sunday 18th March with 80 Gold medals up for …